A great Bolognese starts with a great base of flavour, but this can be time consuming. Using the Vibe blender to chop your vegetables for the base of your sauce is not just a time saver, but it really helps to achieve a fine consistency that will melt away in your sauce, giving it amazing flavour.
1 onion, peeled
1 stick celery
3 garlic cloves, peeled
500g beef mince
1. Chop the onion, carrot and celery roughly so that it is small enough to fit through the top of the blender jug.
2. Set the machine to nut mode and turn the speed down to low.
3. With the machine running, gradually add the vegetables, starting with the carrot, then the onion, celery and garlic. Blend briefly until it becomes a rough puree.
4. Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add the chopped vegetables from the blender. Fry briefly before adding the meat.
5. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until caramelised.
6. Add the passata and a few leaves of fresh basil and simmer for at least 20 minutes, covered.
7. Pour the sauce into a large vacuum canister and allow it to cool with the lid off. Once it has cooled down, place the lid on and use the hand pump to vacuum seal. Refrigerate until ready to use.