Move over ice cream, there’s a new frozen treat to go into your freezer! Frozen yogurt bark is the ultimate gut loving, summer time treat – it’s vibrant, refreshing and great for those sweet cravings when you want a healthy alternative. Topped with fresh raspberries, pistachios, toasted coconut and almonds, then frozen and broken (or sliced) into chunks. It’s seriously one of the simplest and prettiest treats or emergency desserts you can have, all ready for you in the freezer.
The best part is you can easily customise it with your favourite toppings. Cram it with summer fruits or berries or a medley of your favourite trail mix or granola even. We guarantee adults and kids will love eating this sweet and crunchy frozen treat.
Yogurt bark takes only minutes to prepare and is ready after a few hours of freezing. To ensure the creamiest bark possible we drip all the whey out of the yogurt first. Straight-up yogurt, will result in an icy texture. The only downside is that bark melts quickly! Eat it straight from the freezer or pop it on a plate and enjoy it part oozy, semifreddo style.
1 cup homemade yogurt (dripped to remove the way)
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
½ cup fresh raspberries
¼ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons (12g) flake almonds, toasted
¼ cup (12g) coconut flakes, toasted
1. Toast the coconut and almonds in a pan and toast over a low heat until golden. Turn out onto a plate to cool.
2. Place the dripped yogurt, honey, vanilla and orange zest into a bowl and mix to combine.
3. Line a baking tray or flat serving plate with baking paper.
4. Pour the yogurt mixture onto the baking paper and spread to an even coverage.
5. Top with whole or halved berries then sprinkle with the nuts and coconut.
6. Freeze for approx. 4 hours or overnight.
7. When frozen, cut or break into chunks.
8. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container with the pieces separated with baking paper. It will keep well for up to 3 months.